Walking Away

Walking Away

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Rejection

Had a nice rejection e-mail this morning. Sent off a tiny flash fiction which wasn't suitable but was told "I like it but it doesn't feel quite polished" I can see my good friend Sal nodding sagely. I just don't edit enough. I write, think its brilliant, send it off, sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't. 3pm on Friday my flash-fiction 'T-Shirts' will be on http://t.co/BQis59Hrag . That one has been re-jigged a little after sending it off to a previous competition.

Initially I was going to delete that e-mail but then thought no. So I printed it off to go into my writing portfolio. It was good advice that one sentence. I need to polish my words till they shine bright.  Thank you Mr Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I like

  • Writing
  • Wit
  • Voltaire's Candide
  • Theatre
  • Shoes
  • Reading
  • Music
  • Laughter
  • Coleslaw
  • Cheese