Walking Away

Walking Away

Tuesday 18 June 2024

I'm back writing....... Two year hiatus

It was the National Flash Fiction Day (NFFD) Saturday 15th June 2024 and I thought I'd send in three pieces to the Write-In and was pleasantly surprised when all were accepted. I've had many rejections and a few acceptances this year. My writing goes in phases, sometimes I don't write for literally years then suddenly I feel the urge to put pen to paper or typed words to files. I've now got a writing pad and pen at my bedside for the occasional idea that springs into my mind.

The piece of writing I was most happy about was for the NFFD prompt 2 Bread upon Water. It asked you to write a recipe so I did. My friend Sal says its a poem, but as I don't write poems, (I'm no poet) 😀 see what you think?


 Never to be repeated

Ten drops of salty tears

(Salty ones are hard to find so unsalted will be fine)

Four pounds of excessive fat

(You will have it in your larder, you were told often enough)

Five hundred lies

(Easy to find if you include the little white lies right down to the corkers)

Three fluid pints of heartbreak

 

Mix well whilst yelling, screaming and stomping. Get it all out

Cook for a week in the sun whilst partying with your friends

As you mature like a fine cheese

And value yourself like a perfect soufflé

This recipe will never be needed again.


Sal and I had a meal in a restaurant in Morecambe and  we both had the souffle and it was delicious and perfect so it's why I included it in the recipe.

I'm hoping not to have another two year hiatus and even if no one ever reads this blog so what? I'm having fun putting words and ideas together and I like to hear the sound of my own voice💃😃.     



No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I like

  • Writing
  • Wit
  • Voltaire's Candide
  • Theatre
  • Shoes
  • Reading
  • Music
  • Laughter
  • Coleslaw
  • Cheese