Walking Away

Walking Away

Monday 10 October 2011

Week Two of the Writing Course

Managed to summarize the four stories into one sentence and got 3 out of 4 spot on :)  My story The Dowager was given a new title in the third draft and became All things Lost. It really needs several more drafts before it becomes a reasonable story. Nik gave me some valuable advice and encouraging comments. said it was a strong start, hope I'm going to finish well too :)

All in all I'm glad I'm doing this course, maybe one day I'll be placed in a writing competition, the Bridport Prize would be nice. Got to go, have work to do. Unfortunately its not course work but work work!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stella, good luck with your writing. I dream of being placed in the Bridport Prize, too!

    I'm also commenting, as you left a very lovely reply to a blog post I wrote just over a month ago http://jen-campbell.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-i-talk-about-when-i-dont-know.html, and I'm now doing a fundraiser to raise money for the research centres who are looking into a cure for these sight problems. I'm writing 100 poems in just one weekend [eek!]. If you could spread the word about it, I'd be very grateful.

    http://www.indiegogo.com/100-Poem-Challenge

    Thanks so much,

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Things I like

  • Writing
  • Wit
  • Voltaire's Candide
  • Theatre
  • Shoes
  • Reading
  • Music
  • Laughter
  • Coleslaw
  • Cheese